The 3M™ Littmann® Classic II S.E. Stethoscope is an extremely reliable tool for patient assessment, and is the stethoscope of choice among millions of clinicians committed to high standards of patient care.
The dual-sided stainless steel chest piece features a traditional bell on one side and tunable diaphragm on the other which provide high acoustic sensitivity. It is extremely useful for auscultating heart, lung and other body sounds as part of patient assessment.
The tunable diaphragm allows sounds of differing frequencies to be heard by adjusting the pressure on the chest piece; low frequency sounds can be heard with light pressure held on the chest piece, and higher frequency sounds can be heard by pressing a little more firmly. However, being a single-sided model there is no need to reposition or turn over the chest piece. There is also a non-chill rim which provides comfort, especially for patients who may be sensitive to cold touch.
Headset tension can be adjusted for comfort and fit to your head size by parting or squeezing the ear tubes. An excellent acoustic seal is provided by soft-sealing snap-tight ear tips.
This stethoscope is also free of harmful (to health and environment) phthalate plasticizers. The next-generation tubing is also non-latex so is safe for those with latex sensitivities or allergies.
- Open bell and tunable diaphragm deliver high acoustic sensitivity
- Tunable diaphragm allows high and low frequency sounds to be heard with slight adjustments of pressure on the chest piece
- Non-chill diaphragm and rim provide comfort, especially for those who may be upset by cold touch
- Adjustable headset and angled ear tubes for comfort and individual fit
- Comfort and acoustic seal provided by soft-sealing ear tips