Designed for those needing outstanding acoustic performance and versatility, the 3M™ Littmann® Cardiology III™ Stethoscope features tunable diaphragms on both the adult and pediatric sides of the chest piece which provide superior acoustic performance, convenience and versatility. The pediatric side of the chest piece can also convert to a traditional open bell by replacing the tunable diaphragm with the included non-chill bell sleeve.
The tunable diaphragm allows sounds of differing frequencies to be heard by adjusting the pressure on the chest piece; low frequency sounds can be heard with light pressure held on the chest piece, and higher frequency sounds can be heard by pressing a little more firmly. However, being a single-sided model there is no need to reposition or turn over the chest piece. There is also a non-chill rim which provides comfort, especially for patients who may be sensitive to cold touch.
Headset tension can be adjusted for comfort and fit to your head size by parting or squeezing the ear tubes. An excellent acoustic seal is provided by soft-sealing snap-tight ear tips.
Resilient tubing aids in retaining flexibility even after being handled and folded up tightly. Increased resistance to oils, alcohol and stains prolong the stethoscope's life.
This stethoscope is also free of harmful (to health and environment) phthalate plasticizers. The next-generation tubing is also non-latex so is safe for those with latex sensitivities or allergies.
The Cardiology III stethoscope is suitable for many users including physicians, nurses, EMTs, students and other professionals for auscultating heart, lung and other body sounds as part of patient assessment.
Made in the USA and includes both small and large soft-sealing ear tips, large firm ear tips, a non-chill bell sleeve and instructions.
- Double-sided chest piece for both adult and pediatric assessment
- Convert pediatric side of chest piece to open bell by replacing diaphragm with included non-chill bell sleeve
- Tunable diaphragm allows high and low frequency sounds to be heard with slight adjustments of pressure on the chest piece
- Adjustable headset and angled ear tubes for comfort and individual fit
- Dual-lumen tubing eliminates rubbing noises associated with traditional double tubes by providing two sound paths in one tube